Adega has been in franchising since 2005, the restaurant was founded in the late 90’s when a house in Kensington was converted into a low profile Portuguese eatery called ‘Adega do Monge’, the popularity of the establishment encouraged the founder to open the first fully fledged restaurant in 1998, Adega Bryanston. Currently Adega has branches in Gauteng, KZN, Mpumalanga and Zambia, however plans are in place to expand internationally.
Adega is a first-rate Portuguese-styled restaurant, offering a uniquely jovial atmosphere and service to its clientele.
Adega is part of the rapidly growing full service restaurant culture throughout Africa. Consumers are increasingly looking for a restaurant that provides an authentic atmosphere and divine food paired with a sophisticated environment. Therefore, when they go out to enjoy themselves they are looking for a quality experience like the Portuguese Restaurant concept.
• Proven concept
• Niche market
• Superior marketing strategy
• Strong management
• Exceptional service
• Excellent food
We define the target consumer for the Portuguese Restaurant concept as a consumer who is 25-54 years old, professional, earning an above average income and enjoys quality dining. Specifically, we define the consumer as follows:
– 25-54 years old
– 40% are professional / managerial
– Adega restaurants are proven destination venues that complement the mix and increase foot traffic in any shopping centre.
– A typical Adega restaurant requires 280 – 350 square metres and an outside seating area.
– Adega Restaurants draw between 6 000 and 10 000 customers per store, per month.
INITIAL SUPPORT STRUCTURES INCLUDE:
– Feasibility study and site selection advice,
– Lease negotiation assistance,
– Comprehensive training of franchisee,
– Comprehensive training of franchisee staff,
– Operations manuals,
– Working plans and design,
– Store layout,
– Building and shop-fitting contracts,
– Bulk purchasing arrangements,
– Equipment selection,
– Assist with opening promotions and advertising campaign,
– Start-up staff support team,
– On-going support and advice from the operations team,
– On-going standard and quality control,
– Assist with implementing of accounting system.
All Adega Restaurants are owner operated. Their best franchisees are hardworking, cool under pressure, proactive in building their business and are not afraid of working long hours.
1st Franchise Opened
No. of Outlets
Average set-up cost
Initial franchise fee
Initial Working Capital
Minimum owners contribution
Management services fee
Initial agreement term
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly.