Barcelos Flame Grilled Chicken opened its first store in Pretoria, South Africa in 1993. Using recipes mastered by the Portuguese hundreds of years ago, our flavours became so popular that we started to create franchised outlets in 1998. Since then we have opened outlets in 16 different countries.
As with most brands, the Barcelos identity has undergone some transformations over the years in order to remain a key player in the casual dining/quick service restaurant industry.
With our fame and flavour rooted firmly in tradition, authentic recipes and friendly service, Barcelos is very much a forward-thinking company when it comes to seeking new adventures in foreign and far-off places. Our journey has already taken us from South Africa, to Botswana, Nigeria, Ghana, Zambia, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Canada, Dubai, Namibia, Oman and Mauritius. We will soon be in Sudan and Pakistan.
Our ability to satisfy various cultures and tastes is evidence that we have mastered the recipe for success and growth. Join us in our journey as our Barcelos cockerel travels the world and the legend lives on.
Modern fast-lane-living has left us with little time to enjoy good, old-fashioned traditions and ideals. This is equally true about food and eating habits, therefore we at Barcelos strive continually to find a balance between the traditional, healthy home-style cuisine and the fast lane demands of the modern world. Our quick service restaurants specialise in the traditional way of serving healthy and spicy, flame grilled chicken, prepared as authentically as it was mastered by the ancient Portuguese chefs.
Today, Barcelos, with its roots in culture, tradition and history, offers a relaxed and convenient dining experience for a diverse range of cultures.
At Barcelos we provide you with:
• A well-known, recognised brand name and trade mark
• A history of proven performance and success
• A good reputation among past and present franchisees
• A period of training for you and initial on-site support
• On-going support and mentoring in all areas of the business
• Training of your staff
• Efforts to ensure low staff turnover
• An operations manual to help you run the business successfully
• Successful marketing campaigns for the franchise
• Concrete plans for the growth of the franchise
At Barcelos, we walk with you step-by step, starting with the first step of your journey. Firstly, you must decide on the following:
• Can you obtain the necessary finances?
• Are you a service orientated individual who believes in a pro-active approach?
• Are you energetic and willing to work hard?
• Can you work well with most types of people and have good inter-personal skills?
1st Franchise Opened
No. of Outlets
Average set-up cost
Initial franchise fee
Initial Working Capital
Minimum owners contribution
Management services fee
Initial agreement term
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly.