Steve’s Battery Clinic started in 2006 when the founder, Steve Huysamen, was looking to start a business and could not think of any viable business that could provide a sustainable income and a long term future for him. He overlooked many business opportunities and realised that there was a great demand in the battery business in South Africa and saw the gap in the market. The car sales were increasing dramatically and the automotive industry was doing very well.
Steve Huysamen bought into a small battery re-conditioning business that was still in the very early stages and not perfect at that time. He started his first outlet from home trying to keep his monthly expenses as low as possible, soon to realise that his business was growing fast and soon needed to expand to bigger premises.
In 2007, the company moved into their first business premises and within the next three months the demand for re-conditioned batteries increased substantially. Steve had to start looking for bigger and better machines to handle this demand. That was the beginning of big things to come.
Steve searched the globe to find the charger that was suitable for this big task on hand, and crossed paths with an electronic engineer that was up for the task to build this monster machine. This charger, with their unique secrets and expertise, re-conditioned more batteries in less time than any other in this market.
It took Steve’s Battery Clinic 4 years to perfect all their systems to produce a battery that was equal in power but more than half the price of a new battery. They also started selling new batteries to give their customers a choice between a new or re-conditioned battery. Needless to say, in today’s tight financial economy re-conditioned batteries are in great demand.
In the last 5 years, the company had such success in selling both re-conditioned and new batteries that it was time to move to the next level. Steve Huysamen wanted to share his success with other potential business owners in SA. Steve then approached Franchising Plus, the leading franchise consultancy, to assist him developing a successful franchise model.
Battery Clinic, formally known as Steve’s Battery Clinic was then born. Our flagship is based in Pretoria Gauteng and we are proud to say that we have 10 well performing franchisees and soon to open 2 more. Our vision for the company is to become the biggest and largest battery retail outlet in the South African market. Battery Clinic truly is the first one stop Battery Shop in SA.
Every Battery Clinic will be complimented with the owner operator, a manager that will assist in managing the outlet and two workshop assistants.
Battery Clinic provides a variety of products and accessories and are complimented by servicing and repairs.
Extra services unique to BATTERY CLINIC with every battery bought from us!
FREE battery test
FREE alternator test (complete diagnostic test)
FREE starter test (complete diagnostic test)
FREE solenoid test
FREE wiring test
FREE battery fitment
Battery Clinic is committed to supporting you in all your battery needs!
You will undergo an intensive training course designed to equip you with skills which you need to operate your outlet successfully.
Battery Clinic will offer you the following:
• Initial and on-going training for you and your staff.
• Centralized buying, concentrating on locally manufactured products, to keep pricing competitive and stock levels consistent.
• Trading and marketing under the Battery Clinic brand.
• Valuable advice and support to help you develop your business and maximise your returns from the business.
• Periodic visits by dedicated field service consultants.
• Battery Clinic packaging and merchandising aids.
• Brand marketing and advertising.
Who are we looking for?
• We are looking for energy driven, self-motivated people that are looking for a long term commitment to great service and to carry Battery Clinic’s name high, so that we can stand out as the top battery fitment retail franchise in South-Africa.
• We need owner operated and business orientated people that can help build Battery Clinic up by opening outlets throughout South-Africa and later worldwide.
• If you are interested in this opportunity do not hesitate to contact us as soon as possible to secure your part in this fast growing franchise.
1st Franchise Opened
No. of Outlets
Average set-up cost
Initial franchise fee
Initial Working Capital
Minimum owners contribution
Management services fee
Initial agreement term
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly.