The first store was opened in October of 2005 in Brooklyn, Pretoria with resounding success. The concept was fresh and well researched. It catered for a niche market of discerning clientele who wanted good food as well as vibey ambiance without sacrificing the quality of their surroundings.
The very cosmopolitan look and feel of Co.fi appeals to a wide variety of consumers and therefore amassed popularity very quickly.
The Co.fi Franchise Company has created an environment where people feel free to express themselves casually, socially and professionally; where we provide the canvas and our customers the rest…thus building strong and successful ventures which will have an impact and blossom nationwide.
We are at all times dedicated to our customers and employees – without ever sacrificing the quality which our enterprise strives to achieve and maintain.
The Co.fi Franchise Company provides support to all its franchisees in a number of areas, both before and after opening a new outlet.
1. Initial support includes:
– assistance in compiling business plans and cash flow forecasts for application to the franchisee’s financial institution; assistance in choosing a site and negotiating a lease; and
– operational assistance in the opening and initial running of the store. Our well-trained, motivated and experienced team provides ongoing support and assistance to our franchisees in all aspects of building and maintaining a successful business. They are also responsible for upholding the high operational standards and quality of the Co.fi brand and its products.
We recognize the importance of our human resources and ensure high quality service delivery through training. We provide essential training to all individuals necessary in the day-to-day running and success of the restaurant.
Training is continuous and is provided by way of lecture style presentation, training manuals and hands-on in-store training at various Co.fi restaurants, depending on the location of the new venture.
The profile of our ideal franchisee:
– a passionate hands-on operator;
– not afraid of working long hours;
– prepared to uphold the values of the brand;
– totally service-orientated and proficient communication skills;
– prepared to learn;
– prepared to add value;
– proactive and not reactive;
– understands the importance of Operating Standards;
– has an amount of 40%-50% of development costs in unencumbered funds.
1st Franchise Opened
No. of Outlets
Average set-up cost
Initial franchise fee
Initial Working Capital
Minimum owners contribution
Management services fee
Initial agreement term
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly.