In 1994 Coastal Hire, or Coastal Tool hire as it was known then, opened its doors to the public. A unique concept in the market at the time, the , the main focus of the brand was to provide a hire alternative on all types of power tools, construction equipment and garden and home tools that appealed to the DIY enthusiast.
Owing to outstanding leadership and the quality of the products and services provide by Coastal Hire is an acknowledged leader in the small equipment hire industry. The numerous prestigious franchise industry awards received attest to the success of the Coastal Hire Franchise concept.
At the helm is Managing Director John Harcourt-Cooke. Under his stewardship and by employing his considerable experience acquired in the franchise industry over 25 years , the brand has grown from just 16 to more than 80 outlets.
Johns extensive experience enables him to lend support in the areas of financial, legal, marketing and operational activities, assisting Coastal Hire franchisees in building successful businesses.
At inception, the main focus of the brand was to provide hire alternatives on all types of power tools, construction equipment and garden and home tools that appealed to the DIY enthusiast. The concept proved to be an immediate success and with over 80 stores throughout South and Southern Africa, Coastal Hire is the undisputed number one name in equipment hire.
Each store is owner-managed, so there is an enormous pride in the service that we offer – whether it’s in the store itself, or ensuring that our on-site delivery and collection is on time, every time. We only offer our customers the best, the most durable and most reputable equipment on the market.
Our franchise operators take pride in taking the initiative and developing inventive solutions – and then being able to share their ideas openly in the knowledge that it is making for a better all-round Coastal Hire.
So no matter which Coastal Hire you go to, you know that when you deal with one, you’re dealing with them all. The spread of stores throughout Southern Africa has also made Coastal Hire the most consistent and most convenient.
Coastal Hire has a fully developed training schedule which partners with major industry names to ensure that franchisees and their staff are fully trained and kept up-to-date with industry trends. The training provided to owners and managers of Coastal Hire outlets incorporates comprehensive in-house theoretical and on-the-job training.
Each new store receives support from a dedicated Area Manager who assists during the store opening and once operational, regular store visits are conducted to ensure that franchisees adhere to the prescribed standards of service. During these visits areas of potential difficulty are identified and set right with support and guidance from the head office team.
Coastal Hire look for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual committed to owning and operating their own business.
BEFORE YOU INVEST IN A COASTAL HIRE OPPORTUNITY:
– Do you want to be your own boss?
– Do you have what it takes to be a good, hands-on operator?
– Do you want your hard work to translate into good money?
– Do you want to be part of the most established and successful name in the construction hire industry?
– Do you want to be part of a franchise that has been recognised for its success year after year?
– Do you welcome the thought of being able to work with world-class systems and get on-going professional support?
– Do you want to be part of a brand that grows in value annually?
– Do you want to benefit from big-buying power?
– Do you want to be part of a brand that year after year has invested heavily in advertising and driving sales?
– Do you want to be part of a support structure that extends throughout South and Southern Africa and shares valuable information on a daily basis?
– Do you want to be part of a R100 billion industry?
– Do you have R400,000 in unencumbered cash to start taking advantage of fantastic opportunities right now.
1st Franchise Opened
No. of Outlets
Average set-up cost
Initial franchise fee
Initial Working Capital
Minimum owners contribution
Management services fee
Initial agreement term
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly.