Edublox has been a role player in the South African educational industry and beyond for 35+ years.
The current comprehensive range of products and services presented at Edublox branches is founded on pedagogical research and experience demonstrating that weak underlying cognitive skills account for the majority of learning difficulties. Specific cognitive training can strengthen these weaknesses, leading to increased performance in reading, spelling, writing, maths and learning. Some of our programmes are exported to various countries but the newest, latest and best techniques and methods are used and presented exclusively at the Edublox clinics and centres.
Our key values include:
• Developing learners to achieve results — improvement in school performance and self-image, and creating a basis for lifelong learning and future career success.
• Quality and compassionate customer service.
• Providing safe, challenging and fun learning experiences.
What Edublox offers:
• A scientific assessment of the learner’s cognitive skills to determine which Edublox programmes can be of value to a learner.
• Weekly classes to improve concentration, perception, memory, logical thinking, reading speed and spelling ability.
• Help for learners with reading and spelling difficulties, including reversals of letters such as ‘b’ and ‘d’.
• Intensive holiday courses for accelerated progress and results.
• Classes on study skills, study methods and study techniques for Grade 4 and older learners.
• Individual intensive course over a two week period to achieve enhanced results.
• English language course.
• School readiness classes for the little ones.
Edublox provides two different offerings to potential franchisees – Edublox reading, maths and learning clinics and Edublox maths and reading centres. The Edublox Clinics are suitable for larger markets and consists of larger operations, delivering a comprehensive full range of services. Edublox Centres are suitable for smaller areas and provide a streamlined offering that focuses on cognitive exercises and tutoring for reading and math improvement.
A standard clinic is able to assist 120 learners on average. The standard clinic offices need to be approximately 80m² in size to make provision for two classrooms, a reception / administrative area and a small conference room. The clinic ideally needs to be situated as part of a shopping centre or in a house close to a shopping centre.
Edublox centres can be situated in a space of 20m²+, and can include premises like schools, and community halls etc. The group classes are furnished with six learner tables and chairs plus a communal group work desk, as well as a teacher’s table, and six desktop or tablet computers, linked via a mobile Wi-Fi router or DSL.
Franchisee training covers the following topics:
• Theories on learning and learning disabilities
• Learner assessment
• Presenting the group and computer classes
• Marketing and sales
• Business processes and systems
After the training, distance coaching for three months is provided by means of VOIP and IP video camera technology. Thereafter, support and advice from head office is available, usually on request from the franchisee. Based on monthly key performance indicators as jointly measured by the franchisee and Edublox, assistance and advice may be provided to the franchisee to improve business operations. Fit-for-purpose and ready-to-use computerised business systems and marketing tools are available. Franchisees are part of a group of dedicated educational staff to learn from and share ideas with during monthly internet conferences.
• Teaching experience.
• Hold a tertiary qualification, preferably in the educational field.
• Love and communicate well with children.
• Being familiar with and involved in the community where the business is located.
• Being a disciplined self-starter with a high level of personal integrity.
1st Franchise Opened
No. of Outlets
Average set-up cost
Initial franchise fee
Initial Working Capital
Minimum owners contribution
Management services fee
Initial agreement term
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly.