Kids Emporium launched in 2003 with their first store in Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa.
The concept for a store that would showcase unique children’s products was conceived 13 years ago, and has since continued to gather momentum and a growing client base of parents who seek high quality, niche products at affordable prices.
Kids Emporium targets new and existing parents who want the best for their children. Although Kids Emporium is a high end brand, we strive to appeal to the majority to fulfill the need of all parents: To provide the best for their children.
With over a 131,4 million births a year worldwide, Kids Emporium has entrenched themselves in the market place ensuring they can be every parent’s preferred boutique.
Kids Emporium is a well-established and experienced franchise company.
• The brand is a credible and proven franchise concept with 33 stores in Africa.
• Only potential franchise partners with the same values, ethics, will to succeed and are dedicated to providing the best customer service standards are accepted as franchisees to expand the Kids Emporium experience to our valued customers.
• The franchise company has a solid infrastructure with a highly experienced and motivated team that provides high quality initial and ongoing training and support to its franchisees.
• The franchise concept has an ever increasing customer base limited only by the birth rate of countries across the world.
• The products are high on the consumer’s list of hierarchical list of needs, yet are viewed as innovative and quality products at affordable prices.
• The franchise provides its franchisees with access to over 275 pre-approved local and international suppliers that meet the franchisor’s stringent quality control criteria. Merchandise submitted is evaluated on four key factors – innovation, quality, safety and affordability. Lauren (Founder of Kids Emporium), affirms that while they are always open to new products and concepts, only those of the highest standard make the cut. This keeps in line Kids Emporiums strategy of stocking the most cutting-edge ranges and giving their target market access to the latest innovation in the industry. The brand prides itself on stocking goods that have proven durability offering practical solutions to parents, which enhance the play and education of children.
Based on market research, our customers enjoy shopping at Kids Emporium based on the following:
• Exclusive ranges at one access point
• Quality and innovative products
• Wide variety of unique services
• Store display that ensures all products are merchandised correctly
• Well trained staff
• Direct contact with owner
• The franchise has embraced cutting edge digital marketing strategies with which to market the franchise brand and its products direct to its existing and potential customers.
• Shops are preferably located within kids orientated locations within busy malls, with shops ranging between 50-70m² in size.
Pre-opening and post opening training and support is provided in-store, operations manuals, contracts with suppliers, and on-going operational and marketing support is provided to all new and existing franchisees.
Kids Emporium has always been successfully marketed as a destination store. The store concept is considered a specialist in the industry. We have a dedicated marketing department that ensures the brand is marketed locally and nationally on and offline.
Kids Emporium is at the forefront of digital marketing and is very active across all social media platforms. With a growing database, social media following and making waves with cutting edge campaigns, Kids Emporium looks forward to entrenching the brand in the market place.
Kids Emporium Head Office manages all national and international marketing strategies and guides each
Franchisee to market their store within their local area. With 13 years experience in the children’s industry market, Kids Emporium has a firm understanding of their target market, its ever changing needs and how to successfully capitalise accordingly.
Kids Emporium has used its experience to formulate an effective year on year marketing strategy. On Franchisee Approval, the franchisor will share it’s latest annual strategy.
Kids Emporium has various marketing mediums which they use to implement campaigns which can be annual, bi-annual or monthly. Kids Emporium refreshes our offering annually, based on an international study and trend reports.
The Kids Emporium franchisee value system is based upon our C.R.E.A.M principle:
Caring – all franchisees need to show genuine care for our customer and for the brand.
Responsibility – we all need to be aware that we are responsible for the customers experience, we need to take it personally.
Enthusiasm – our customer has chosen to support us – let’s show them we appreciate this by being enthusiastic in everything we do.
Attitude – a positive attitude toward our customers and our fellow workers results in a great team environment.
Motivation – always be motivated to do more for the customers and your fellow workers. Go the extra mile!
As the old saying goes “The Cream rises to the top” and we believe that by applying our CREAM principle we can all rise to the top!
1st Franchise Opened
No. of Outlets
Average set-up cost
Initial franchise fee
Initial Working Capital
Minimum owners contribution
Management services fee
Initial agreement term
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly.