In 25 years OBC Chicken has grown to a network of over 50 stores and a solid foundation is now ready for rapid nationwide expansion. We did it by thinking about the everyday needs of ordinary South Africans. Positioning OBC stores strategically near to mass market communities and transport nodes, we offer convenient access to frozen chicken, fish, red meat, processed meat and other essential grocery items to a growing market.
It’s taken hard work and dedication, but today we have succeeded in establishing a foothold in almost every region. With stores in Gauteng, North West, Northern Province, Free State, Mpumalanga, Kwa-Zulu Natal and the Northern Cape Provinces. Bringing success and attracting foot traffic to communities and centres wherever we go.
Wherever people love good food, they love OBC.
At the heart of the OBC success story is a set of strong family values, coupled with a powerful business model and a well-established brand.
We offer smaller store owners the benefits of belonging to a large retail group, with all the advantages that it brings. This includes bulk-buying, reliable, consistent deliveries, competitive pricing, aggressive marketing, access to finance and auxiliary services such as cash collection services, as well as more competitive group banking fee structures and group assurance products.
In our time, we have grown into a self-contained and efficient franchise operation. Providing a core range to the franchise network through 2 distribution centres and a dedicated delivery system. Ensuring all our shelves are always stocked with the products our customers crave.
It’s a model that has fed our success for decades and helped us grow to more than 50 stores nationwide. Not only do we nurture our quality and our products. We nurture the entrepreneurial spirit of South Africa’s hard-working people. Enabling smaller store owners to compete with larger chains and achieve their business dreams.
A standard training module is given to all franchisees and includes:
– Utilise our vast, up-to-date market research data to help you select the very best location for your new store.
– Supply a full service, turnkey operation including area planning, store layout, fixtures and fittings and launch promotion material for all new stores including modern, attractive exterior and in-store signage.
– Extend your competitiveness through on-going distribution support of fresh and frozen products as well as grocery items at competitive prices through our central warehouses and distribution infrastructure.
– Partner your product requirements through our sophisticated processing and order operations.
– Advise you on best in-store layout to ensure maximum profitability from every centimetre of shelf space.
– Back you up with regular advertising and effective promotions.
– In short, a mutual partnership from setup to the on-going success of your store.
If you are an entrepreneur with a nose for a profit opportunity and you would like to join this dynamic group or would like to convert your existing business, please contact us and we will explain the unique OBC support system for both small and large stores with store plans for most business environments ranging in price from under R 1 million up to R 4 million.
1st Franchise Opened
No. of Outlets
Average set-up cost
Initial franchise fee
Initial Working Capital
Minimum owners contribution
Management services fee
Initial agreement term
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly.