Play Sense is an education program that provides gold standard education for 2-to-4-year old’s.
In the year that a child turns two, most parents start to consider their long-term education plans, starting with a play group. As Occupational Therapists owning and operating the franchise, the principals acknowledge the need for an enriched, nurturing environment to provide a good foundation for long term learning.
Play Sense is a home from home education program that offers an evidence-based, play focused curriculum. Play Sense grants franchises to qualified teachers to conduct the program in the home of one of the children in her group.
Play Sense is instrumental in forming the groups and allocating a teacher to the group. Numbers are limited to 6 children per group. Host homes are vetted by Play Sense. The program is implemented according to a tight methodology. Educational standards and teacher training are of critical importance.
Play Sense offers a unique solution:
• a play-based curriculum that focusses on the soft skills of creativity, self-regulation, executive function and collaboration, using the child’s fertile imagination to facilitate the ultimate learning experience. Young children playing in a happy home from home environment;
• peace of mind for the parent, that their child is happy in a home with a ratio of no more than 6 children to a teacher;
• a suitable salary in a part time position for a teacher who is empowered through the Play Sense franchise to develop her own business as an entrepreneur.
The Franchisor will provide:
– up front training, including 2 weeks of job shadowing, 2 days of lectures, 1-day CPR course;
– teacher’s manual on an online platform – which will guide on running of the business;
– public liability insurance cover and administration of Franchisee’s accounts, including
– assistance with debt management;
– monthly curriculum provided on an online platform;
– assistance with the marketing to fill the group;
– creating a group of 3-6 children in an area close to the Franchisee;
– first introductory meeting between Franchisee, the parents and Play Sense. Subsequent years the Franchisee can conduct the meeting themselves;
– parent training is offered free of charge to the group’s parents quarterly;
– quarterly teacher training;
– provide names of substitute teachers to cover Franchisee during extended illness and
– maternity leave for up to 2 (two) weeks and in the event of longer periods the consent of the Franchisor is required;
– on-going support.
To be a Play Sense franchisee you will need to have the following:
• Teaching or Therapists Qualification (Previous degree or diploma in teaching, childcare or therapy is a MUST)
• Experience working with toddlers aged 2-3 years old
• Driver’s license and reliable transport
• Passionate about PLAY!
1st Franchise Opened
No. of Outlets
Average set-up cost
Initial franchise fee
Initial Working Capital
Minimum owners contribution
Management services fee
Initial agreement term
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly.