Soapbox Promo & Gifts is a concept that specialises in the supply of large volume branded corporate clothing and gifts to corporate companies, SME’s, government departments, schools, clubs and a wide variety of customers.
Soapbox Promo & Gifts was established in August 2007 with one four-head embroidery machine and one employee. Our quality workmanship and service excellence soon became well-known and well respected within the industry. We grew from a client base of 74 customers working out of our garage in 2007, to having more than 5 000 clients today, of which the biggest are TrenTyre nationally, Michelin and BF Goodridge, Medshield, Medihelp, Dros, Strata and Amcoal mining groups.
In June 2010 we acquired Gear Dimension, an embroidery company that had been running since 2004. This acquisition increased our production capacity by 400%.
In the last three years, Soapbox has grown considerably due to a number of industry-first innovations. Soapbox established itself as the first and remains the only supplier in South Africa boasting at first, a 72-hour money back guarantee on embroidery, and in 2016 improved on this offering by adding a 24-hour money-back guarantee on embroidery. Together with improvisation by the major suppliers in the market, we can now deliver 24 hour branding on 170 corporate gifting items and embroider an average of 1 000 logos in 24 hours.
Soapbox is currently one of the largest suppliers of branded corporate clothing and gifts in South Africa as well as the largest Barron supplier in Pretoria, partnering with Barron, Amrod, Altitude, Captivity Headwear, Headwear 24 and Mass Supply within the corporate clothing and gifts sector.
The SOAPBOX franchise model offers a true partnership to its franchisees, marrying the benefits of a big business with the nimbleness of an inter-dependant customer-facing “local” business that consistently offers:
• Personal attention – more face-time with clients, means more sales!
• A vast product range – The SOAPBOX range has just exceeded 56 000 products, available to its clients and franchisees!
• Below market pricing – Our BUYERS GROUP now offers the same low prices to all our franchisees on products and services. Franchisees have access to the full discounts granted by all suppliers.
• Quick turnaround times – Still South Africa’s only 24-hour, money-back guarantee on embroidery. Together
with state of the art 24-hour branding services on a multitude of corporate gifts.
• Attractive credit terms for approved key accounts – Now even small businesses can go after that deal of a life-time AND offer industry beating Terms and Conditions.
• User friendly quoting systems – No more late night creation of quotes. The integration of our supply chain pricing and our financial system makes quotations easy to do. The customer can now even create their own quotes online!
A typical SOAPBOX franchise is based in a tasteful and fully fitted work from home office, or franchisor approved small showroom-style, commercial office within a suitable and sustainable area.
SOAPBOX franchisees receive intensive training in all facets of running the business including product knowledge, using the Cloud based quoting system, the basics of accounting and financial management, sales and marketing training with the emphasis on identifying and securing accounts with businesses.
Theoretical training is complemented with practical exposure. It is important that all Soapbox franchisees work together with their launch manager who renders support and drives the franchise during its opening stages with traditional hand-holding during the first few weeks.
A Soapbox franchise is typically run by a service orientated “husband and wife” team or two partners with ample
experience working within a business services and retail environment. They are committed individuals with a
passion for providing friendly, fast and efficient service.
Soapbox offers current businesses in its industry the opportunity to join the Soapbox brand and to convert to
a Soapbox franchise.
1st Franchise Opened
No. of Outlets
Average set-up cost
Initial franchise fee
Initial Working Capital
Minimum owners contribution
Management services fee
Initial agreement term
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly.