The Absa Franchise Business Festival – in its new format and new venue at the Kyalami Grand Prix, Exhibitions & Convention Centre from the 30th June to the 2nd July 2017, 10am to 6pm daily – will showcase just that – visitors to this exciting new franchise exhibition will be able to experience, in real time, exactly why and how franchising has become part of everyday life.
According to Dumisani Bengu, Head: Franchise Africa, Absa, sponsors of the Franchise Business Festival, “though we are in tough economic times, there are several sub-sectors of franchising that are projected to show substantial growth in 2017. Through the Absa Franchising Festival, we hope to demonstrate the opportunities that are available in the market. Franchising is one sector that has consistently shown its resilience by performing well and this trend is expected to continue in 2017. We encourage business owners and entrepreneurs to attend the Festival to learn more about how they can grow their business in a turbulent market. Absa is committed to supporting SMEs and entrepreneurs in South Africa, and we encourage South Africans to look for alternative business models that will help them achieve financial success.”
- The indoor/outdoor festival will showcase over 100 franchise and business opportunities and offer the whole family an all-round ‘franchise’ experience – from seeing live demonstrations, product sales, food offerings and entertainment.
- Get a chance to taste some fast food treats in the outside food hall or relax in the beer garden…Listen to live music acts including Bad Peter, Cunning Brad, Will Ray, Keagan, Tebogo, Behind Two Jays, Terra, Rubber Duc, George Sax.
- Meet celebrities like Miss South Africa and super star Yvonne Chaka Chaka who will be promoting her very own food franchise brand Mama Chaka.
- Let the kids have fun while you do business with go-carts, jumping castles and climbing walls. Let them experience the activities in an educational or sporting environment with kids entertainment from Sherpa Kids and gymnastics showcase from Monkeynastix.
- On the business and franchise front, have that face-to-face talk with franchise representatives and find out exactly what their franchise offers – and then ask yourself…. can I see myself owning one of these franchises and being my own boss?
Some of the well-known brands exhibiting include:
- Food brands such as Anat Foods, Kauai Juice, Zebro’s, Sausage Saloon, Chip n Dip, Café on the Move, Melissa’s, Café to Go, King Pie, 1 + 1 Pizza, Pitaland, Chesanyama, Black Steer, Wild Wings, John Dore, Dairymaid, Mama Chaka’s.
- Retail brands include Oasis Water, Jack’s Paint, Gas Mart, 7Storeys, OK Franchise Division, Geners Power, IQ Retail, OBC Chicken & Meat, Mica, Zhauns, NWJ, The Ice Chain.
- Business to Business & Personal Services such as Doves, The Tax Shop, Universal Healthcare, London School of Investment, Westrand Stock Market, Business Doctors, Digit tracking, NetReady, Car Service City, One Licensing, Express Business Capital, Sanlam.
- Real Estate brands Choprop, Only rentals.
- Childcare & Education includes Monkeynastix, Sherpa Kids, Human Progress Management.
- Health & Beauty franchises include Marple Skin Care, Sorbet, Candy & Co
And much, much more!