Last updated: June 28, 2021
Your information when You use the Service and tells You about Your privacy rights and how the law
We use Your Personal data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, You agree
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following
conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear
in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or
parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this
Agreement) refers to Active Media (Pty) Ltd trading as SA Franchise Brands, Twin Oaks Centre, 142
Main Road, Somerset West, 7130.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any
other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its
- Country refers to: South Africa
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a
cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on
behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company
to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related
to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use
of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to SA Franchise Brands, accessible from https://www.safranchisebrands.co.za/
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or
other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable
information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may
include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP
address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of
Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information
automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device
unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile
Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or
when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
certain information. Tracking technologies used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track
information and to improve and analyze Our Service. The technologies We use may include:
- Cookies or Browser Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on Your Device. You
can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However,
if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service. Unless you have
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or
Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our
Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser
Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I
change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain
small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel
gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened
an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain
section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal
computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You
close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: Cookies: What Do They
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential CookiesType: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website
and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent
fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot
be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance CookiesType: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality CookiesType: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website,
such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to
provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences
every time You use the Website.
For more information about the cookies we use and your choices regarding cookies, please visit
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service.
The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are
available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and
undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of
any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other
equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications
regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or
contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other
goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased
or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a
merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all
of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar
proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as
data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns
and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service
Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in
connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or
acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With Affiliates: We may share Your information with Our affiliates, in which
company and any other subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that We control or
that are under common control with Us.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business
partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact
in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be
publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other
purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will retain Your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set
comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with
applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally
retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to
improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and
in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this
information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state,
province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than
those from Your jurisdiction.
Your agreement to that transfer.
The Company will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that Your data is treated securely
organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of Your
data and other personal information.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
If the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, Your Personal Data may be
transferred. We will provide notice before Your Personal Data is transferred and becomes subject to
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if
required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of
transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to
use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect
personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian
and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We
become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without
verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country
requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Us. If You click on a
third party link, You will be directed to that third party’s site. We strongly advise You to review the
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or
practices of any third party sites or services.
We will let You know via email and/or a prominent notice on Our Service, prior to the change
Policy are effective when they are posted on this page.
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.safranchisebrands.co.za/contact/