The Galito’s story began in the Mpumalanga City of Nelspruit, when the first Galito’s restaurant opened its doors in 1996. With a powerful combination of great tasting chicken, excellent service and pride, Galito’s soon became a huge success. Within a few short years Galito’s had become a Lowveld favourite, and with the valued participation and support of close friends, Galito’s had opened a closely-knit family of 8 restaurants by mid-2002.
During 2003 Galito’s decided to share its unique flavours with the rest of South Africa. It was at this point that the Galito’s Brand began to develop, and the franchising efforts took-off in earnest. Galito’s has since opened to huge acclaim around South Africa, opening in Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Limpopo, Northern Province and Eastern Cape.
Galito’s is the best tasting, 100% flame grilled chicken in the world, with massive flavour, down to the bone. We use only fresh, natural ingredients in our original marinade recipe and each chicken is carefully marinated for 24 hours. Our chicken is then flame grilled from start to finish, and served to order, making it the healthiest, tastiest flame grilled chicken in town.
At Galito’s we’re crazy about taste! So much so that we travelled the world to find the finest ingredients and recipes for our sauces, marinades and flame grilled chicken. Enjoy every day prices in a warm, friendly and relaxed environment.
We pride ourselves on:
– Authentic Flame Grilled Succulent Chicken
– Affordable, quality meals
– Unique spicy Galito’s flavour
– Vibrant and friendly shop atmosphere
– Exciting menu variety
We have an extremely practical and effective ‘modular’ training program, ensuring that all staff are more than competently trained and evaluated within their respective work stations.
The initial training program is typically conducted over a 6 week period, facilitated by dedicated operations trainers. Regional Managers, assisted by Regional Kitchen Technician’s, provide ad hoc training and weekly support on a variety of issues, ranging from detailed kitchen processes, through to benchmarking and business planning, ensuring that your restaurant operates at its optimum.
An extensive Operations Manual, together with diagrammatic in-store recipe, process and systems cards provide both yourself and your management with quick reference and self-help tools on a wide variety of item.
The ideal Franchisee Candidate plans to operate his restaurant as an ‘Owner-Managed’ business.
The Ideal Qualities required for a GALITO’S Franchisee are:
– Motivation, perseverance, maturity and integrity
– Determined and energetic.
– Computer literate
– Possess a strong customer focus and the ability to train and facilitate.
The Personal Attributes of a GALITO’S Franchisee are:
– Demonstrate certain entrepreneurial skills, yet also show the ability and willingness to be a team player.
– Must consider the business as a long term investment, show commitment and have a loyal and consistent character.
– Must be a “go-getter” with high energy levels and a strong will to succeed.
– Be people orientated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must have a love for working with people and be capable of gaining and maintaining a rapport with the client base through being friendly, patient and tolerant, yet firm. Must be able to manage others and have good motivational skills.
– The restaurant business often requires long hours and hard work and the franchisee therefore must have the stamina and strength required to operating a Galito’s store.
– A potential Galito’s Franchisee need not have any formal qualification, but must have a matric. It is also essential for the candidate to be computer literate.
– The applicant would need to be credit worthy and have available financial resources.
1st Franchise Opened
No. of Outlets
Average set-up cost
Initial franchise fee
Initial Working Capital
Minimum owners contribution
Management services fee
Initial agreement term
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly.