Kip McGrath Education Centres (Australia)
The company was established in 1974, by Kip and Dugnija McGrath, and has grown to more than 550 franchised centres worldwide (in 15 countries). It is a limited liability company, having floated on the Australian stock exchange in August 2003. The company‟s franchisees have over 60 000 students attending classes and collect over R500 million in tuition fees per annum (June 2006 figures).
Besides Australia, master franchises have been sold in New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Scotland, Nigeria, Kenya, South Korea and Singapore.
Kip McGrath Education Centres (South Africa)
Fifteen years ago, partners (Brian and Retha Sleigh) imported the Kip McGrath Education Centre concept to South Africa. Based in Durban, the expansion originally took place in KwaZulu Natal.
The Pilot Centre opened in Amanzimtoti in February 1996. In South Africa, the average growth has been at six centres per annum, with the nationwide network at seventy centres. These are concentrated in Gauteng and KwaZulu-Natal, mostly in urban areas.
Over the years the franchise has expanded to encompass all the major centres of the country. More than half of the KMEC centres are now found in Gauteng, but it is well represented throughout the country.
At our centres we provide:
A Free educational assessment.
An Individual learning programme.
A wide variety of resources and activities that cater to the individual learning styles of your child.
Computer assisted learning.
Experienced and qualified teachers using proven teaching methods.
Curriculum written by qualified teachers.
About our lessons:
80 minute tutoring sessions.
Small groups (4-6 students per teacher).
Structured learning programme.
We offer our franchisees:
• A full training course (ten days), which includes all the educational and business aspects of the KMEC Centre.
• Continuous supply of consumable educational material at no cost.
• All lessons are supplied in a numbered, graded system of tutoring.
• We support franchisees by direct contact, newsletters, visits, conferences and workshops.
• Online training takes place two per week.
• An opportunity to become an entrepreneur under the mentorship of an experienced, successful company.
• A greater likelihood of success in business (80%).
What KMEC expects from franchisees:
• We expect you to really care for children and their education.
• We expect you to put your best efforts into teaching both students and the tutors you employ.
• We expect you to learn and follow the Kip McGrath system of teaching, business and marketing.
• We expect you to share your success and ideas with fellow franchisees.
• We expect you to be honest, reliable and trustworthy.
• We expect you to prosper and enjoy operating your Kip McGrath franchise business.
1st Franchise Opened
No. of Outlets
Average set-up cost
Initial franchise fee
Initial Working Capital
Minimum owners contribution
Management services fee
Initial agreement term
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly.