Mochachos opened its first store in 1994 and for over 20 years, our brand has enjoyed the patronage of South Africans nationally from all demographic and socio-economic sectors.
Mochachos is famous for its Mexican Spiced Flame-grilled Chicken enhanced with a secret blend of dry herbs and spices, as well as a variety of perfected traditional Mexican dishes such as Fajitas, Burritos, Chimichangas and Quesadillas. Our Mochachos Chicken Burgers are renowned for their oversized serving and piquant flavour. Our menu flavour offering ranges from Lemon & Herb, Mild, Hot, Extra Hot and Dynamite – a taste for all.
Mochachos franchises can now be found all around South Africa, Botswana, Zambia and Australia. Future plans are to expand in the U.A.E, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Indonesia and the UK.
Mochachos management, since inception, has been driven towards continuous improvement to ensure the sustainability and growth of the brand with a view to continually increase market share and brand awareness. We are steadfast in maintaining our company’s competitive edge by incessantly adopting evolved strategies and practices that will continue to serve national and international changing consumer preferences and expectations.
Care has been taken to ensure that the cooking process is as healthy as possible by using dry herbs and spices. Mochachos is affiliated to the heart and stroke foundation endorsing sections of the menu for the Health-conscious consumer.
The design and décor of the restaurants take advantage of the rich colours of Mexico which are blended into a warm and inviting ambience and provide customers with a “real” food experience.
We are excited to continue to bring Mochachos high quality products to customers around the globe. We strongly believe in making food of the highest standard bursting with freshness and flavour; our philosophy and passion is what drives our Brand to boundless heights.
Once you have been approved as a franchisee, signed the Franchise Agreement and have paid the franchise fee, Mochachos will provide you with the following:
1. Assistance with the conclusion of a lease or rental agreement with the landlord.
2. Complete the design, the development, and the commissioning of the new store.
3. In the event that you require additional funding, Mochachos is approved by the major financial institutions and will assist you in your application.
4. Before you open your restaurant, you are required to attend and complete the Mochachos training program. Training is conducted in a company certified training store/Head office.
5. The assistance of our Operations Staff with the opening of your store.
6. The Operations Staff will advise you on the recruitment and selection of staff and provide general assistance and guidance to you in the running of your store.
7. The use of all Mochachos Operation Manuals which contain recipes, operating procedures, equipment and maintenance guidelines, record keeping systems and general reference materials for guidance in the proper manner of operating a Mochachos store.
8. The right to use Mochachos trademarks.
Each application will be evaluated individually; however the basic criteria are as follows:
1. Previous food service is beneficial.
2. Owners are expected to operate the business themselves.
3. An understanding of how franchising works.
4. Available capital to set up the business.
5. A positive attitude and good people skills.
6. Not afraid of long hours and hard work.
7. Understands the importance of customers.
8. Works well under pressure.
9. Systems and procedures orientated.
10. An understanding of local markets and people.
11. Excellent communication skills.
1st Franchise Opened
No. of Outlets
Average set-up cost
Initial franchise fee
Initial Working Capital
Minimum owners contribution
Management services fee
Initial agreement term
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly.