Colin du Plessis founded TALISMAN in 1993 after 10 years of experience in the Hire Industry. The company was started with the concept of providing a one-stop service with professional backup and quality products to its customers.
TALISMAN Hire, an established and successful supplier of rental equipment to the construction, industrial, mining, farming and maintenance markets, was registered in 1997 and has been responsible for establishing a successful franchise network throughout South Africa.
Louis van Vuuren, the first TALISMAN franchisee (May 1998), joined in 2003 as director and shareholder. He has been actively involved in the business ever since and has enriched our business with a wealth of knowledge and experience.
TALISMAN Hire is the leading rental solutions provider of light equipment to the Construction Industry, Mining, D.I.Y. and other markets in South Africa.
• A committed Franchisor together with a dedicated Head Office team.
• Continuous guidance and management support.
• “Service Excellence” with quality equipment and excellent systems.
• Strategic planning and positioning of Franchises.
• Mature and committed Franchisees.
• The TALISMAN “brand” has been successfully established.
TALISMAN Franchise Operations provides comprehensive business skills training to each new franchisee to ensure that all stores operate on an identical business model. On-going education is provided in the form of externally sourced courses on subjects such as finance, as well as internally driven courses on technical matters.
On a franchisee level, each store receives product-specific training from suppliers and also personally provides access to external courses on subjects such as time management and sales management.
A typical successful franchisee will have the following profile:
• Team player
• Willingness and the ability to take on the responsibilities of managing your own business and following the franchisors business systems
• Possessing skills to interact with people
• Willing to completely follow the Franchisor’s business system
• Full time hands-on owner/operator.
• Must have family support to purchase the franchise
• Will the franchisee enjoy the business?
• Can you afford the franchise?
1st Franchise Opened
No. of Outlets
Average set-up cost
Initial franchise fee
Initial Working Capital
Minimum owners contribution
Management services fee
Initial agreement term
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly.